People behind every successful home staging furniture business in Melbourne share one common denominator, they all have an eye for interior design and decoration. If you are confident that you possess this important attribute and exceeding the amount of savviness in you to be in the business, home staging is viable for you.
The right way to begin any business venture is to start everything up in small steps. Go with a small amount of money as your investment, add some more when you see it growing and your profits, increasing.
Think of it first as a small-time gig, or something that you are willing to do on the side. Time will come that your business will start to pick up and grow. Eventually, with hard work, perseverance, and a great amount of zeal, it will become a stable source of income for you.
How Does a Home Stager Work?
If you want to sell your house at a premium price, you need to have a qualified home stager by your side to help you with this purpose.
A house with a cluttered, disorganized indoor space will not only take a longer amount of time to sell but more than that the owner won’t be able to command a premium price for it. This is where a qualified home stager would come into the picture, this is where he can provide value in.
The core value of his services has something to do with increasing the appeal of a home’s indoor living spaces, and by doing so it will also increase its market value. Hence, the seller’s chances of selling his property at the top value are higher.
Home staging professionals in Melbourne achieve this by carefully choosing the right and appropriate trick to use for a particular indoor space and style. They can work by removing or rearranging furniture to help bring about features a room or space may be having but has remained unnoticed.
They can also decide whether incorporating a particular accent piece in an area of a house would be good or not. Accent pieces that can be used to embellish a room can come in the form of flowers, knick-knacks, artwork, vases, or even rugs. The use of color and fabric through curtains and pillows is not uncommon.
If you want to become a home stager yourself, the range of earnings you can expect would start from $500 to $5000. But this will directly depend, though, on the square foot area of the home you will stage as well as the volume of work that will go into staging a home.
Keen to Start Your Own Home Staging Melbourne Company?
Here are some points to ponder first:
- Educate and familiarize yourself with the current situation of the real estate market in your area. This means you need to know what kind of property will sell quickly and what will not. Know what buyers are exactly trying to seek for in a home.
- Learn how to market yourself and make a network of connections with other real estate agents in your locale. They can be a good source of clients or could possibly give you good referrals.
- Create a portfolio of the homes that you have previously staged. In the absence of which, you can render sketches on design ideas that you can have about a particular home style. This should make your prospective clients know that you are indeed at the top of your game.
- Know where to find an available resource for home decor. There are occasions that your clients would seek help for staging an empty home. In this case, you will need to supply furniture hire items.
- Your will to go the extra mile in this line of work, this may include moving furniture, cleaning, painting and so much more.
The moment you understood the reason/rationale behind each of the bulleted points given above is the time you should start looking at yourself as one.